National Instruments LabVIEW Vision Library¶
XIMEA cameras can be used with software from National Instruments including NI Vision Acquisition Software, NI Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (AI) and NI Vision Development Module. Depending on the camera model they can be interfaced using two different Labview interfaces, USB3Vision Standard interface and xiLib a LabVIEW wrapper of the .NET based xiAPI.NET API.
Interfacing cameras with USB3 Vision Standard Interface¶
The following guide describes how to set up your USB3 Vision compatible XIMEA camera in NI Vision Acquisiton Software.
- Connect the camera to a compatible Switch the camera to USB3 Vision mode according to a guide described here
- Install NI Vision Acquisition Software from National Instruments (minimum required version of NI-VAS is 2014)
- Camera can now be tested in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). After starting NI-MAX, camera should appear in the Devices and Interfaces list.
- In case the camera was previously associated with a XIMEA driver it is necessary to switch the driver to IMAQdx:
- You can now add your camera to your Labview VI as a NI-IMAQdx VI.