Firewire NEC D72874 on Windows7¶
Windows 7 SP1 contains the driver NEC OHCI Compliant Host Controller 6.1.7601.17514 for Firewire cards with controller NEC D72874 which is not compatible with XIMEA cameras.
If your system contains Firewire card with chip NEC D72874 this driver should be replaced with alternative driver called 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy) for XIMEA Firewire cameras.
Steps to fix¶
- Click the Start Button, type device manager in the “Start Search” box and press Enter
- Expand the IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers node in the device tree on the right hand pane
- Right click the host controller node select Update driver software ...
- Select Browse my computer for driver software
- Select Let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer
- Choose 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)
- Click next to update the driver