Command-Line Updater for XIMEA Camera Firmware¶
XIMEA offers a command line utility to upgrade the firmware of most cameras.
It works with various operating systems: Windows, Linux, MacOS.
This utility also supports firmware downgrade as well as multiple camera update batch processing.
It is useful in cases where xiCOP update is not possible for some reason.
For regular updates, a more user-friendly GUI-based tool is available - xiCOP.
Please use xiCOP for standard updates like a single camera on the Windows operating system.
1. Download and Install the Software¶
If you can’t use xiCOP – use the Command-Line Updater by following the steps below.
Please download and install the latest Software Package for your operating system.
2. Download the XIMEA Command Line Camera Updater¶
- For Linux x86 - download xiCamUpdater_linux32.tar.gz
For Linux x86-64 - download xiCamUpdater_linux64.tar.gz
For Linux ARM - download xiCamUpdater_arm32.tar.gz
For Linux AArch64 - download xiCamUpdater_arm64.tar.gz
For macOS - download xiCamUpdater_mac.zip
For Windows - download xiCamUpdater_Windows.zip
- Unzip to a local directory or folder
3. Select and Download Firmware¶
- Open the firmware releases page with links to specific firmware (use Firefox or Internet Explorer)
- Select the firmware that fits to your camera by camera model name and firmware type.
The structure of the file name is:
Example: For camera CB120 FPGA2 version V21.13 - download file CB120CG-CM-F2-21_13
- Download the firmware and store it in the same directory as unpacked Command Line Camera Updater
This table shows which camera models support which firmware type and their labels in the file name.
|Camera family:||xiQ (in XIMEA API mode)||xiQ (in USB3Vision mode)||xiB, xiX, xiT||xiD||xiC|
|Firmware type (label)||CPU1 (C1)||CPU1 (C1)||CPU1 (C1)||CPU1 (C1)|
|Firmware type (label)||CPU2 (C2)||CPU5 (C2)|
|Firmware type (label)||FPGA1 (F1)||FPGA2 (F2)||FPGA2 (F2)||FPGA1 (F1)||FPGA2 (F1)|
|Firmware type (label)||XMLMAN (X1)||XMLMAN (X1)|
4. Start Firmware Update¶
- Run Updater for the specific camera family firmware.