Command-Line Updater for XIMEA Camera Firmware¶
XIMEA offers a command line utility to upgrade the firmware of most cameras and for various operating systems (Windows, Linux, Mac-OS). This utility also supports firmware downgrade as well as multiple camera update batch processing. For regular updates a more user-friendly GUI-based tool is available (see xiCOP). xiCOP is the preferred tool for updating camera firmware.
Please use xiCOP for standard updates (single camera on Windows operating system).
If you can’t use xiCOP – use the Command-Line Updater by following the steps below:
1. Download and Install the Software¶
Please download and install the latest Software Package for your operating system.
2. Download the XIMEA Command Line Camera Updater¶
- For Linux - download xiCamUpdater_linux.tar
For OSX - download xiCamUpdater_osx.tar
For Windows - download xiCamUpdater_Windows.zip
- Unzip to a local directory or folder
3. Select and Download Firmware¶
- Open the firmware releases page with links to specific firmware
- Select the firmware that fits to your camera by camera model name and firmware type.
The structure of the file name is:
Example: For camera CB120 FPGA2 version V21.13 - download file CB120CG-CM-F2-21_13
- Download the firmware and store it in the same directory as unpacked Command Line Camera Updater
The Following table shows which camera models support which firmware type and their labels in the file name.
|Camera family:||xiQ (in XIMEA API mode)||xiQ (in USB3Vision mode)||xiB, xiT, MX||xiD||xiC|
|Firmware type (label)||CPU1 (C1)||CPU1 (C1)||CPU1 (C1)||CPU1 (C1)|
|Firmware type (label)||CPU2 (C2)||CPU5 (C2)|
|Firmware type (label)||FPGA1 (F1)||FPGA2 (F2)||FPGA2 (F2)||FPGA1 (F1)||FPGA2 (F1)|
|Firmware type (label)||XMLMAN (X1)||XMLMAN (X1)|
4. Start Firmware Update¶
- Run Updater for the specific camera family firmware.